My Etsy Shop - Kiss Me Krafty

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Out running the dog....

So, I went for a walk yesterday.  The doctor said I must strengthen my back....so....I put on my new walking shoes.  Armed with my phone, keys and ITouch (all tucked securely in my walking fanny pack...that's right, I said fanny pack), I hit the driveway.  When one hurts and doesn't want to do anything but lay on the heating pad, it is very important to find the right song to motivate and push you through "take off" of you walk.  She's a Bad Mamma Jamma seemed to do the trick. 

I must share something with you.  I am a home body.  I feel safe in my home.  I do not like to walk too far from my house.  Why? you ask.  I do not know.  I have an incredible fear that I will get lost.  How stupid is that?  I feel vulnerable and shaky.  I will walk for 15 minutes, stop and walk back.  I am fine if someone is  with me.  Do I need professional help?  Maybe I feel that I will be abducted.  Seriously, if someone tried to put me in their car....I know I couldn't out run them, so I would just lay down and play dead.  I highly doubt that unless there is a team of kidnappers, they would get me in the car.  Okay, with that said....I am working on this fear.

The other thing is my music.  I HAVE to have it.  It pushes me.  My Ipod Touch is loaded with Hip Hop and Old School Funk.  The peppier, the better I walk.  My only problem is that the minute I put is on.....I can't hear if a kidnapper runs up behind me.  I am constantly looking around me so I never fully enjoy the walk that I am supposed to be making to improve my health.  This, my friends, is a vicious cycle or ritual that it is performed everytime I go out for a walk.  Sad huh?

Okay, back to yesterday's walk.  I am ten minutes into it and I start to feel safe from the boogie men of the world.  (I can still see my house)  This is an adventure.  I walk past a house with 2 dogs in the back yard.  Crap....I forgot about dogs.  Thank God they are in a fenced back yard.  I want to tease them for barking at me.  I feel very confident that they cannot get over the fence....buy let's not tempt fate.  I continue, realizing that I am going to have to huff it up a hill.  The faint sound of the little engine that could begins to repeat it's self over and over in my head.   Three mailboxes...I can do it.   One.....two.....huff, huff, three.  Top of the hill. 

Yeah, I made it, I di........where did that dog come from?   At the top of the hill, (okay, slight incline) a fat, old, ears dragging the ground, belly dragging the ground, hounddog appears from a partially open garage door.  He is walking toward me, swinging his ears and belly from side to side.  He looks friendly enough until he starts growling.   This fat little dog is going to eat me.  He is coming at me with all of the force he can muster.  I pull out the ear phones and start to pick up speed.  He is coming at me faster.  I realize that there is no way I can out run him.  I am old, fat and I may trip on MY belly that is dragging the ground.  Just as I start to panic.....I see it.....the Invisible Fence sign.  No wander he looks so frustrated.  He has gone as far as he could.  I, on the other hand, am walking as fast as I can. 

I am done with this walk.  I cut through the golf course and enter my back yard in no time flat.  Like a record for me.  I need water.....nerve pill....rest......

Okay, I good...I think I will go for a walk tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL..you are a Bad Mamma Jamma!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Reading your blog posts make my day. Keep it up...